SMAI-JCM publishes high quality research articles on the design and analysis of algorithms for computing the numerical solution of mathematical problems arising in applications. Such mathematical problems may be continuous or discrete, deterministic or stochastic, and relevant applications span the sciences, social sciences, engineering, and technology.
Publication in SMAI-JCM is completely free for both authors and readers. No fees are charged to authors of accepted papers, and papers are freely accessible online to anyone (reading and downloading).
Access is freely available on the Centre Mersenne platform, a program of MathDoc (CNRS and Université Grenoble Alpes).
- Papers are published under the following permissions and rights:
- Authors of the articles in the journal retain unrestricted copyrights and publishing rights.
- The Journal's content is archived by CLOCKSS archiving system to ensure long-term availability.
As a centre Mersenne journal,
- Articles of SMAI-JCM are also permanently archived in Numdam, the French digital mathematics library one year after publication.
- SMAI-JCM is indexed by CrossRef, MathSciNet, and Zentralblatt.
All its content is available for harvesting via OAI-PMH.
The SMAI Journal of Computational Mathematics allows authors to deposit their publications in an open archive, with the agreement of the co-authors. Authors may deposit all versions of their article, including the accepted version, under a CC-BY 4.0 license, without embargo and provided that they give bibliographic details that credit, if applicable, its publication in this journal.
SMAI, the French Society for Applied and Industrial Mathematics is the owner of the title.
This is made possible by the the generous support of the sponsoring organizations:
- INSMI, the National Institute for Mathematical Sciences and their Interactions (Institut National des Sciences Mathematiques et de leurs Interactions), a CNRS Institute, supports the journal, as an academic initiative to disseminate information on research activities.
- SMAI Journal of Computational Mathematics is hosted by Centre Mersenne, an open access publishing infrastructure for scientific publications written in LaTeX. Centre Mersenne is a service of the Cellule MathDoc (UMS 5638 of CNRS and Université Grenoble Alpes).
- The KOALA Consortium held by the TIB and the University of Constance, since 2024. Read more about the actions of KOALA to support Diamond OA here.
- The Inria Research Centre Sophia Antipolis Méditerranée provides support for the editing management of the journal.
- SMF supports this project of a mathematics journal by a non profit publisher, making research available free of charges for readers and authors.